Oikos - Organic Norway was founded on the 3rd of September 2000 as three former organisations working with organic production merged into one. The aim was to establish one organic movement and strengthen the organic voice into the Norwegian landscape of politics, economics and social life. Today, Oikos is the only organization representing organic producers and consumers, except for Demeter Norway. However, we cooperate closely, and Demeter Norway is represented in Oikos through a board member in the National Board of Oikos. We also cooperate with Debio - organic sertificationbody in Norway and Bioforsk Organic at Tingvoll, KSL Matmerk with responsibility for overall organic information in Norway and Norwegian Agricultural advisery.
Organic famer, Jakob Bjerkem from Steinkjer, is leader of Nationel Board
An Annual General Meeting consisting of members from all over the country makes desicions about economy, main tasks and commitments the following year. A National Board is also elected, which is responsible for the organisation between the annual meetings. The leader of the National Board is Mr. Jakob Bjerkem. He is also runing an organic farm with milkproduction. firstname.lastname@example.org Oikos has 2200 members in 2011.
The country is divided into regions. Accordingly Oikos has eight regional groups which work closely with county authorities and other stakeholders in the region. On the local level, 25-30 smaller, local groups give the organisation activity and visibility in communities all over the country. All the work in regional- and local groups are mostly done voluntarily.
General Secretary is Reidar Andestad
Oikos' main office is located in Oslo at Skøyen-area. The Secretary General is Mr. Reidar Andestad, email@example.com. We also have staff working on projects and in our magazines. The total number of employees is eleven.
Oikos publishes a magazine: Ren Mat (Eng.: Pure food) a magazine for ecology, food and environment (www.oikos.no/renmat). The editor is Wanda Widerøe. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oikos is a non-profit, idealistic organisation and a member of
IFOAM (International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements)
ForUM (Forum for Development and Environment),
Oikos is here presenting organic food at an ICA shop
Oikos runs a handfull of projects in addition to political lobbying and meetings with stakeholders in the food-sector and the agricultural sector.
Our main projects or participation in projects:
1) Demos by organic farmers and others with knowledge about organic agreiculture in food stores, and visibility in Coop`s food stores (Oikos in cooperation with Coop, Tine, Gilde, Prior and Sunt og Godt). Contact: mailto:email@example.com
2) Organic food at festivals in Norway. Coordinating and helping festivals to offer organic food at their arrangements (Oikos). Contact: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Maiken Pollestad Sele is in charge of Oikos international development projects
3) Organic Development in Sub-Saharan Africa - ODISSA (Oikos). Contact: email@example.com
4) Organic farming and climate change project (Oikos). Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Developing CSA-systems (Community Supported Agriculture) in Norway (Norges Vel in cooperation with SIFO, Oikos and Grønn Hverdag).
6) Database of organic production i Norway for consumers (Oikos). Contact: email@example.com
7) Organic school food project. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
8) Open organic farms. Contact: email@example.com
Oikos - Økologisk Norge / Organic Norway
Telephone: Reidar Andestad 00 47 41 27 16 64